Thursday 7 February 2019

Drone Law fears Scare People from a Beautiful Hobby



The new year has sparked fears of taking a hobby of flying drones for fun or sport.
To me a flying drone is an extension from a walking disability to being able to get side way scrolling and smooth video footage anywhere.
I use a Bebop 2, it is a lower budget drone than the others out there but to me its all about the mind behind the angles, lights and shadows and paying attention to natural motion and timing.
When I record videos its not really the high altitudes that is my main interest its the smooth video quality that would sure be messed up with my shaky hands and my need for walking aids.
about 8 years ago I had multiple accidents that has left me unable to move my left foot that is still too weak to lumps and slanted ground that cause foot to flip inwards on top a lower degenerative spinal disc that is too risky to operate and popping right knee.

My YouTube videos for all them years were mainly stop motion and animation and crafty videos, just close up made footage.

But for years my imagination has been thinking of nice video angles that i could never get until the camcorder opened me up to my true realization of this beautiful hobby.

My videos have been said to be so relaxing to my viewers and very inspiring too.

I live at the coast and i have been filming winter sun on the beaches in Lincolnshire to open peoples eyes that we need more videos like this, Its so great for our moods and helps me from my depression around my mobility.
Its so soothing and calming to watch.

After a drone user flown into an airport in England they have decided on new laws of using drones.
I have now lost count on the amount of people wanting do what I do that one of them ordered a drone online and then sent it back for refund due to worry.

Image the loss in trade revenue from Businesses all over UK because of this.

Since last week end I have made 3 videos showing a time in England when the rest of the country was deep in snow and people were enjoying the quiet winter sunny walk along the beach.

I agree that filming with a drone needs common sense with 100% care of all people and nature around you.
It should not be used to film private property or invade the privacy of others.

Normally I greet everyone so that I can let them know what i am doing so they don't get spooked or surprised and mostly they simply get inspired when they see my videos.

A lot of pre-thinking in advance goes on in my mind. Then all my scenes are cut from the footage before arranged in the order as I visioned it to be. Then I have a video of art that inspires others. The drone is a flying Camera before its a drone (to me). its a mobility beyond my abilities that I simply have taken advantage of.

Maybe creative commons or some something could be arranged for a Creative Drone Authorization license could be created.

I made my videos in an aid to show a respectable way to use a drone in the hope we get to keep rights for the use as i show.


No comments:

Haunted Robot

Here is some Skegnews from the past, About a haunted robot called Rovio. The report below is unedited but was written 5 years ago. A few...